Training FAQ

FAQ Page Graphic Pearl Lash Updated

What type of license or certification do I need to become a professional lash artist?

Please be advised that every state has its own unique regulations. In the state of Florida (Pearl Lash Headquarters), you are not required to have a special eyelash extensions license however the board of Cosmetology does require a Lash Artist to have one of the following state licenses: Facialist (Esthetician), Cosmetologist, Full Specialist or a Medical License (including RN). For a detailed list of state regulations please follow this link.

After receiving the Pearl Lash Certificate of Completion you will be required to obtain one of the state-regulated licenses stated above before you can work professionally in the state of Florida. Pearl Lash Certificate of Completion does not permit performing eyelash extensions professionally until one of the above-stated licenses is obtained. According to the Florida department of professional regulations, a person can obtain a Facialist (Esthetician) license without a GED as long as they have reached the age of 16 years old. For additional information please read our “How To Become An Eyelash Artist” article or “Esthetician License Through a Trade School” article.


Do Eyelash Extension Artists Requirements vary by state?

Each state has its own regulations when it comes to practicing Eyelash Extensions for hire. Please visit our state by state guide by following this link for more information.

Do I receive a certificate upon completion?

Yes, each student will receive a certificate of completion for each class they successfully complete. The certificate will be provided before you leave the training site in order for each student to take it home rather than wait for it in the mail. Please be advised that the Certificate Pearl Lash Extensions provides is not a state license. Before proceeding to work professionally in the state of Florida, you are required to obtain one of the following licenses: Cosmetologist, Full Specialty, Facialist (Esthetician), RN, NP, or any Medical License. For regulations in other states, please follow this link. 


Will you help advertise my business after my Certification?

The Pearl Lash Network of Professional Lash Artists has been launched in 2018 in order to help our self-employed lash artists advertise their business free of charge. Anyone who is looking for a Certified lash artist in their geographical area is able to conduct a search by zip code.

In order to be added to the network, a student must have the following:

One of the state licenses (listed in question #1).
Physical place of work (a physical address is required to be found by zip code) including a phone number, email, and website (optional).

link to the network application could be found here as is available to all students after completing their Certification class. Please note that potential clients will be contacting you directly, Pearl Lash would solely serve the role of a listing middleman.


I do not live in the US, can I still attend and get certified?

Absolutely! In fact, Pearl Lash has certified students currently living in over a dozen different countries including Bahamas, Barbados, Jamaica, BVI, Canada, Poland, Mexico, Brazil, India, Russia and many more. Pearl Lash Certification is valid anywhere in the world and is an invaluable business card for any successful lash artist. We do highly recommend that you inquire about licensing requirements in your home country to make sure an additional government license is not required. From our experience, none of the countries in the Caribbean require any additional licensing and only some of the countries in South America and Europe require a separate license.

Training FAQ




Please Feel Free To Browse Our Knowledge Archive Below

Training FAQ
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop